Thursday, August 22, 2019

My Secrets

Here it is, peeps!

Letting the secret weapon out of the secret vault.
(A proverbial vault)

As I move on through time, because I refuse to get older, learning as well as adjusting has become a part of this life experience.
Learning, growing in grace, in knowledge. 
Change is inevitable, making changes of my own free will is a beautiful thing!
Although it may take some time, I am moving toward a plant based diet, free of animals & animal products. This may take a few months or a few years. idk. 
My crystal ball was lost a while back. R.I.P.

I found a recipe for what has become my go-to. The recipe was found in a very unlikely place. As a lover of Glamour Magazine for most of my life, I also like Teen Magazine. Just like I buy my shoes from the little girls shoe section (the shoes are way more cute!) I enjoy the fresher perspective.
In the back of an issue of Glamour Mag, I found this recipe of delish!


Carrot Ginger Soup

2 lbs full size carrots
1" - 2" ginger root
3 cups hot water (can use a T or so of REAL butter if you wish)

Clean carrots, slice into 1/4 " pieces. Peel ginger root. Slice into small pieces.
Sauté' 1/2 of carrot with all of the ginger root in water with a bit of butter if you want to use butter. When carrots & ginger are slightly softened from cooking, process to a puree with enough hot water to desired consistency. My Nutri-Bullet Pro is great for this! Pour puree' into a sealable container. Sauté' remaining carrot slices until softened. Add to carrot pure'. Enjoy!
*Can also add onion, celery or any desired veggie with second half of carrots.



**********************************************************************************

On the first day, I will add a scant dash of salt after heating 1 ladle full of soup into a bowl. The flavor seems to become deliciously more developed by the second day. Moving away from using a microwave oven, I heat a ladle full in a small pot on my stove.

This soup is very filling, low in calories, eat as much as you want!

Have you heard of the celery juicing kick that has taken hold recently? I started juicing (bought the juicer at almost the same time as the Nutri-bullet Pro) then consuming 16 oz of celery juice every day, approx. 8 days ago. 
It takes 2 Coeurs de Celeri' aka ~ Ceri! 

2 Celery hearts. 

Although it may sound gross or unappetizing, you can pay the farmer, now, or pay the doctor later.

I kinda like paying the farmer, now. That's just me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...