Sunday, May 14, 2017

Someday, Maybe

This may not be the answer for anyone else but me
Not standing on a soapbox saying how we all should be

Because my heart is tender with nerve endings so tangled
Because my heart has been so hurt that it could appear mangled

Maybe you can tell my baby who died in 2007
Maybe I hung on too long after he went to heaven

It's now my life focus to keep my heart, mind & body pure
Many people see this as a lifestyle beyond obscure

Knowing this is the only way to preserve my peace of mind
Had to leave that part of myself behind

Working on myself to build a better body with a clear spirit
Every day I'm closer as I work hard to draw near it

Dreaming of the day when I can walk through that door
To hold and be held as close as I was held before

A man worthy or trust of the risk that accompanies caring
Worth the time it takes for loving, laughing & sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...