Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Private World

What is a home to you? What does it mean? A temporary place to lay your head? A place that you buy to keep forever?
Home is what you make it, what you want it to be.

Personally, my home is a sanctuary. I never feel so safe that I can completely relax.
The world is a dangerous place, filled with predators of all sorts. Deceivers, cold & callous users of others. Having seen more than a fair share for one person in one lifetime, it's definitely made me more wary, jumpy, even. 
Being more of a domestic goddess, I love my home, love to stay there, curled up with an audio book or a relaxing concerto CD. A soft warm blanket & a steaming cup of tea. Heavenly!

Love to stay at home. 

It would make sense, then, that I love to beautify my home in simple, peaceful ways. 
The home that I moved into as of April 1, has character, charm and ......a built in dining table!







I had bought a bistro table at Pier 1 Imports for a suh-weet 75% off deal. It was different from anything I had previously owned. I was tempted to sell it when the big auction took place. Anita told me I should keep it.
Thanks, gurlie! 
The front, enclosed porch, is a beautiful spot to have lunch or breakfast with a guest. The table is just right for that area!







Different, hmm?

This window between the porch & the main part of the house was fun to arrange! When I had my catering service, I scoured the second hand shops in the Broadmoor area of Colorado Springs for wedding cake top pieces. At one time, I had almost 200! When catering a wedding reception, I would bring 10 wedding cake toppers for the happy couple to choose from, giving their choice to them as a gift. I also have some alabaster from Italy which is quite lovely. Middle right is a "sisters" figurine given to me by my dear friend, Cheryl. We go way back to 10th grade!



There is a window that I especially enjoyed boutiqing in a zen spirit!





I love these little glass stones, how they reflect the light.




Living with the beauty I create in my home gives me happiness. Even better?
It grounds me in the present moment.

namaste


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...