Friday, May 5, 2017

The Right One, The Left One

Have you heard this said before? The phrase is regarding who one is attracted to & whom a person will pass up.

"I don't have a type who I'm attracted to"
"I will know it when I meet them"
"Only a certain type of person does it for me"
"I'm not looking for a relationship"
(translation: I don't want to have YOU in a relationship)

Having heard derivatives of this, there is also:

I like it when a (girl or guy) knows what he/she wants.

This one is most often said by guys, yet, for the sake of being fair to both genders, well.....yeah. You probably get it!
What this generally means is that the person likes it when the other person knows what they want. As long as who & what they want is the other person & all they have to offer.

When the desired person knows what they want, yet, it isn't what the "desirer" has to offer, it's a bit disappointing.
The sting of rejection no matter how mild is still a sting. Sometimes it's a 'skeeter, sometimes it's a snake bite!!!!!

Personally? There are a few must haves for me to be attracted to someone. 
I will save the tedium of my oh so short list. 
One item which seems to be a constant is that I am most often yet not always, attracted to Military or prior Military guys. Most often, yet, am stressing, not always.

Having spent a time working on myself, I have come to a realization. Remaining single as an option which I have chosen is because I have not met the right guy. 
Sometimes I only think I have met the right guy only to be disappointed by finding he was no Mr. Right ~ 
he was Mr.Rightnow!
Sometimes he was someone else's Mr. Right ~ that's a no go.
Other times, he would seem right for me, then I would find one of my deal breakers hidden at first, revealed later.
Cuing you in ~
He was a cigarette smoker or user of tobacco & lied about it.
He was actually married & was lying about it.
He voted Obama ~ once or even worse, TWICE! zzzzt. gone.
He was a gentleman at first, then, started the sex talk & pressure. buzz kill, red flag. He is the left one when I left. :)

So, being the right one is far from being perfect, however, being just right for me is important.

Settling is a poor choice, working on myself. Mind, body, spirit is a better way to live. Refraining from looking for someone to complete me (that was a wee joke!) is more like, being myself & loving life. 

What ever is meant to be might not happen, yet, it might!

Being happy, either way is a sweet life. 💓

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...