Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Lack and/or The Feeling of Lack

Lack, in the dictionary is defined as:

The state of being without or the feeling of not having enough of something.

Some people in the world, sadly, lack enough food while others may have enough food, yet, lack love or the feeling of being loved whether they are or are not.

Must love yourself, first if you wish to be loved by others.

Seeing the demonstrata ( I made that word up just for fun!) of lack, lately, it gave me pause. In a restaurant, I saw a male of around 30 years of age, emptying the sugar & salt packets, into his pants pockets.

Witnessing a woman of around 25 years of age, grabbing 2 handfuls of ketchup packets, then 2 more as she dropped them into a shopping bag to take home, presumably. 

There's a difference between actually needing these staples, vs taking them out of a feeling of lack.
Maybe their mindset is, "Can always use more ketchup!"
or
"Love me some sugar-sugar!" 

Often, I will observe someone gathering up everything they possibly can at yard sales or anywhere they can. Possibly trying to fill up the empty places in their heart, in their mind. 

Anywhere there's a hollow spot that aches to be filled. The emptiness tells them, 
"I don't have enough" or 
"I'm not enough" 
or even sadly, 
"I will never be enough & I'm terrified that others can see this about me."

Some people try to fill the emptiness with having lots of sex with one person or having lots of sex with multiple people. It leaves them feeling just as empty.

There's a difference between accepting or buying something the person actually has a need for as in food, shoes or something they will actually use within a matter of hours or days.

The feeling of lack fuels the worldwide obesity epidemic. Don't believe me?
Watch a few interviews with people in the media who struggle with obesity. They struggle with a parallel mindset of worthlessness. 

When a person has a "gimmie - gimmie" attitude, wanting so much which is not a need, asking, demanding or just taking, it shows their lack of self love. 
This may seem harsh, yet, it's still true. 

The de-cluttering wave which I see sweeping the country tells me that many people might be waking up from feelings of worthlessness, turning away from the cancer of materialistic attitudes.

Maybe people will get a life away from electronic devices such as THEIR PHONES!, iPads, laptop, desk top, video gaming, online gaming.

Maybe, people will begin again to love people while only using things vs the reverse.

I can hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...