Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Remembering vs Forgetting

Do you struggle to remember or do you struggle to forget? Maybe a little bit of both.
Having a sharp mind with great recall can be a challenge. 
Although there are small bits missing here & there, they slowly fill in over time.
No more details, forthcoming. *smile*
Maybe having an excellent memory is genetics? Maybe, in part, due to the massive amounts of fish oil I take every day?
Whatever it is, I remember everything, in living color, BABY!

If I forget anything, it's most often likely because of a traumatic event associated with that which blissfully slipped out of my memory. A tender emotional & spiritual mercy.

When something momentarily slips from memory, I simply relax my mind, knowing it will come to me if I wish it. Chasing something will only cause it to elude me.

While going through USAF BMT, my T.I. (training instructor) identified my learning & memory process. He told me that I had to become a "List maker". Have made lists to help me remember, ever since then.
The need to write information down to remember important data is often connected to the elderly by ignorant ageists who fail to understand psychology & learning styles.

Find your learning style whether you are in the single digits of life, double digits or even nearing triple. 

Age is only a number, I'm living proof
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...