Monday, November 12, 2018

Wants, Wishes, Dreams








I want to die in beauty with all of my charms
After a lifetime of love wrapped in his arms

I want to swim in the ocean with dolphin friends
All day every day as the fun never ends

I want to walk in the warm summer rain
To wash me clean from so much soul pain

I want to soar with eagles to be carried aloft by the breeze 
To sit in an aerie for as long as I please

I want to ride a wild stallion through tall weeds
Then show him thanks by brushing him while tending to his needs

I want to have chocolate for breakfast each day for a year
Sharing it with those who I hold most dear

I want to be in a room full of puppies just for a day
Such soft warm little critters who only want to play

Saving best for last I want to go back in time
To hold my babies close again would be oh so sublime

I can wish my wishes as many daydreamers do
This I know, sometimes our dreams come true


                                                               Flaming June by Lord Frederic Leighton

2 comments:

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...