Sunday, November 4, 2018

The Plan!

Many people all over the world struggle with anorexia or weight gain or sometimes people will experience one of each during their lifetime.

Person suffering from anorexia: You're so lucky that you can gain weight with so little planning, effort or worrying about what you are eating, not eating or any problems with eating.

Person struggling with weight loss: You're so lucky that you're skinny without ever even trying to lose weight. You can eat anything you want and stay the same weight.

The truth is that both people described as well as are suffering at both ends of the food issues that many struggle with.

Having been on both sides of the struggle ~ both struggles are real!

When I had evolved from 6 pk abs to uncomfortably obese, it shocked me to see the amount of weight I had gained. 

Maybe it was my younger sisters death due to complications from morbid obesity that shocked me into getting back to a healthy weight.
Maybe it was the very sensitive doctor who took me aside and very gently told me that I was at risk for stroke or heart attack if I continued in my obese state when I was at 480 lbs.
(I put on another 20 after that!)
Maybe it was becoming weary of the pain in my back, hips, knees and feet, being out of breath after even climbing 10 stairs.

I think it was a combination of all of these. At the point where I simply decided I was going to become the healthy, slender girl I once was. Between December 2017 - April 2018 I managed to put some of the weight back on. 
The difference?
I decided earlier on to get on a different path, to start to take the weight back off, this time, for good! For the rest of my life.

I keep a journal which I write in irregularly. As I looked in my journaling about getting my weight back under control in 2004, I saw the entry detailing how I did it. 
In 2004, at 500 lbs (I'm 5'3")
I started out by going 3 miles every morning then again in the evening. A total of 6 miles every day. Whether it was on the elliptical machine, the stationary bike, treadmill or a combination of all three or just one, as long as it was 3 miles am then pm. 

I could go fast or slow as long as I went! 

I could go in the morning or twice in the afternoon or twice in the evening, as long as I went and racked up 3 miles, I was doing it!

It's working! I started on November 1, 2018. I can feel the difference already. My clothes feel different as they brush against my skin when I'm walking or even simply moving around during daily activities.

This was how I jump started myself in 2004. It's been awhile. It still works just as well as it did then. 
Some things change, others remain.

All good things
All things sad
All things great
All things weak
All things true
All things bright 
All things make up what we call life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...