Wednesday, October 12, 2016

It's Happening!



Yeah, yeah, it goes without saying that when someone has met their goals, riding high, they will, at times tell others to keep going! Keep pushing through the pain even when you are lacking motivation. Even when you would rather give up. Even when you see others achieving their goals while you feel as if you're standing still.
As my ever so eloquent father used to say:

Even when pigs are flyin' outta your ass.

He had a 3rd grade education, lol, must be how he learned to speak with such grace & charm.

There are times when I feel a bit discouraged, tired, wanting to go anywhere except the gym. I go, anyway.
There are also times when I "fall off the wagon" and eat badly, then get punished by my body for my transgression against it when it's a non-cheat meal, cheating anyway. I pay for it.
It's the pain after the partay. *smile*

It's self sabotage of my goals.

Sabotage by guilty pleasures.

~ Ice Cream
~ Gum Drop Candy
~ Too much bread
~ Too much of anything
~ Jameson Whiskey (Michaels favorite!)
~ Wine
~ Whipped Cream Vodka (YUM!)

Yep, I do, sometimes impede my own progress. In the past few weeks, I have been more strict than usual with my eating habits. Although I allowed myself a small container of mint chocolate chip ice cream (Anita was buying!), a glass of wine (it was Anita's birthday!) I balanced it by not cheating in private, at home, alone, with my candy, bread, vodka, wine. The usual suspects.

Now? The pay off!

I'm gaining more muscle tone, while my weight is dropping! 

My weight is the lowest it's been in a long, long time! Seeing this happen for me gives me more determination to be strict with myself. The pay off progress is thrilling!

When I hit the dreaded plateau, that's my body, telling me to change it up! So, I change it up. Hit the Stair Master more than the elliptical. Add in an evening workout to my morning workout.

It makes me feel so good, so much more alive!

It's happening!

I wish I could share, more effectively with others just how good they can feel if they just start a fitness routine. 
90% of all disease can be managed, even cured with weight loss & making permanent healthy changes.

When I was at my heaviest, the doctor suggested blood pressure meds, thyroid meds, cholesterol meds. Meds Meds Meds. UGH!

Not this chik. That was one big wake up call.

If you want to get started, here is how I started.

I walked on the treadmill for 5 minutes. Felt like I was dying! I kept it up, just 5 minutes every day.
Soon, my body craved more, 5 minutes was too easy.
That's how I started. Different methods work for different physiology's. 

Find what works for you.

It's happening for me!

It can happen for you!

Go get 'em TIGER!


2 comments:

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...