Saturday, October 29, 2016

Holding It In


This morning, I noticed something. When getting ready for the day aka ready to work out, the yoga pants I put on, were loose around my belly.

Yeah - Yeah, fitness talk!

There was a tight feeling in my lower abs. Did Santa know what I wanted & brought it early? It's too late in the year for the Easter Bunny or my birthday! Although Halloween is a couple days away, it's more delightful than it is frightening!

With my weight steadily dropping, 80/20 clean eating, daily cardio. Add in the 20 - 30 weighted squats every day, my abs are becoming more firm, more flat. It's happening!

Some people are naturally slender or knew how to remain at a healthy weight.
Unfortunately, I wasn't one of those people.

Having to work my way back to a healthy BMI as well as reducing weight, it feels very nearly miraculous to me when my belly is flat without having to suck it in then hold it in! Putting my jeans on, to go to Sunday School, I tucked my blouse in, something ordinary? Au contraire. I used to tuck my shirts & silky blouses in all the time until I had gained too much weight.
Now? I tuck my shirts & silky blouses in all the time, it feels so good! The proof of my belly getting more flat & firm with time.

To a logical, reasonably intelligent person it would only be a matter of cause & effect. Seeing me, as I work out, gasping for breath, drenched in sweat, it would only make sense for the changes in my body to occur!

Being grateful for everything is part of my personality.
Therefore, it feels miraculous to me that the return of muscle tone as well as flat toned abs is returning! Not where I want to be, yet, getting there, slowly.
If you are of the same ilk as I was, it may be something you can understand.
I know I'm going to have to find a new favorite pair of jeans in a few months. 
I'm on the 8th notch in on my belt ( the last one in) , so, probably a new belt, too. 
O darn!

It's been a difficult journey, turning back into who I really am. Changing everything about my life. Changing eating habits, sleeping habits, total permanent lifestyle overhaul! Yes, permanent!

Going on a temporary "diet" will yield temporary results. Permanent changes, well, .....yeah, you know!

It IS difficult, yet, so rewarding, so satisfying!

Had to do it for myself!
I'm worth it!
If you decide to make whatever positive changes, it has to come from within.
Do it for you!

You're worth it!

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...