Thursday, October 27, 2016

Integrity & An Aha Moment!


Does it make sense?
No?
It will in a moment!

Technology, electronics, gadgets, they all fascinate me! The stereotype of the over 40 person who doesn't understand or like technology, doesn't like social media, etc.? It doesn't apply to me!
I love it!

Getting a new phone, iPad, laptop or the opportunity to play with technology is exciting to me. It's the attitude of ~

Let's see what this beyotch can doooooooooo!  :)

Recently, I "acquired" an new iPad as a gift. Legally, honestly, a gift. When I played with it, which spells F-U-N fun, for me, I found some information which, if I had been a dishonest person with low integrity, would have gotten me some $$$. The information in the form of user accounts with their passwords gave me access to financial as well as personal information.

Sherman Kendall, my beloved grandfather told me that if a person cannot be trusted with money, they can't be trusted with anything else. In today's world, if a person utilizes user account names & their passwords for their own gain, they can't be trusted.
A modern twist on my grandfathers advice!
My grandfather was very Jeffersonian in nature. He would have loved the challenges plus the uses for the technology of today!

When playing with my iPad, I found the exact information I described. Rapid heart rate, a rush of blood ensued as I realized just what I had. It was DEFINITELY and AHA! moment.

If I were a dishonest, untrustworthy person, I could have used the information to my advantage. I had access to bank accounts, social media user names & passwords. Email account addresses & the passwords.

Being a person with integrity, I went to one of the people whose personal information, I had. I showed her how I uncovered the information so she could protect her privacy, keeping it from falling into the wrong iPad users possession. 

Showing her the user names & passwords, then, with her as my witness, deleted the information right in front of her. 

It felt good.

It was proof of my integrity on display.

Trust & verified trust. A head rush!

There are so many liars, cheaters, fakes, flakes & backstabbers out there in the world. Unfortunately, I have met far too many.

Personally, I am not in any of those categories. When people meet me, they are a bit skeptical. I am very sincere, very genuine, people doubt as to my authenticity. As in, if it seems to good to be true, it's most likely fake.

Not thizz chick!

Am not perfect, of course, no one is. We all fall down in our integrity at times. Some people in big ways, some people, in small ways. It truly is a learning process. OMGoodness, have I ever learned. The painful way, the hard way, the way in which a person is forever changed on many levels.

My experience of today was my integrity on display!

L8ers!

2 comments:

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...