Monday, July 13, 2015

Bastille Day Baby


That's me. A Bastille Day baby. Yup. I was born July 14 in a galaxy far far away, my father was a Jedi, my mother was a Princess. Being royalty was rough on my wild free spirit.

That was total BS!

Actually, my daddy was a West Virginia coal miner, my mother was a fiery red haired high school drop out.

Being born on July 14, on Bastille Day, a French national holiday, has had its' perks. When I lived in Germany, sneaking into France for my Birthday was fun. Here was an American girl who spoke French, was born on their equivalent of July 4th. They freakin' loved me!!!!

Other than when I lived in Germany, my Birthday has been so-so. Comme ci-comme ca. :)

There have been some small, low key dinners, 3 -4 people, nothing really grand. I hear of peoples loved ones putting together big parties for milestone Birthdays. You know, 20th, 30th and so on. My mother was too selfish to ever acknowledge my Birthday, my ex huzz was an insecure selfish ass who didn't like anything that wasn't about him. Always while pretending to not like the spotlight. 
What a frkn joker.

For a guy friends Birthday, I ordered a fresh flower lei from Hawai'i. His Birthday was Saturday, July 11, so, I ordered one for myself at the same time.

People usually forget it's my Birthday. It's half way through summer when they are relieved that the school year has ended or they are on vacation. I remember theirs, I try to make them feel special with loving kindness. Taking them out for lunch or for dinner. Usually it's those who live close enough for me to do something in person. Long distance has not been my strong suite. Just a fun little quirk.

Something I have learned:

In my life there has been much pain
Too few flowers from way too much rain

Too much instability that bruises that burns
I have had to become one who self heals who learns

Must plant my own flowers must help them to grow
Must decide to be happy for myself wherever I go

Being solitary in my creative pursuits
They give me joy and wings and roots

Creative projects can make me feel whole
In the rhythm of my needle there is music for my soul

So, there you have it, my Birthday/ Bastille Day rant!  Tomorrow, I will wear my favorite blouse to work, a soft pink silky one which I bought while in Las Vegas. It's very clingy in a flattering way. It shows off my curves, brings out my blond hair and green eyes. The tuberose & orchid lei will look good with it. I will make my own happiness, buy flowers for myself love & enjoy life.

Happy Bastille Day, BABY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...