Sunday, March 3, 2019

Oh, David

I feel that I owe an apology.

As much as I prefer to live in the present moment, I have been watching interviews with the late David Cassidy.
I can be wrong. I reserve the right to be wrong. This is my admission that I was so very wrong.
As I watched him tumble from absolutely gorgeous to middle aged while still....still so hot! It was a bit sad. It drew the sadness from me, to see him fall from vibrant incredible human being to mediocre to such ruin, I cried. I cried for him, though I only know of him.
It was sad to see his decline, I cried at his pain. His bright smile was all that remained of the one loved by millions while they still loved him. 
It brought anger in me to see what his unhealthy habits had done to the one who had outsold Elvis Presley, The Beatles, had broken records as a HUGE fan base.
In compassion, I sympathize with David as he most likely had his reasons for his alcoholism spiral downward.
Wherever you are, David Cassidy, you are so beloved.

I am moved to tears.

tears flowing down my face
the sadness of understanding
which time won't erase

he was kind he was so very sincere
giving all that he had in his heart
to the listeners whom he held dear

his tuned in attitude which was his heart
was that which very few saw as truth
was that which tore him so apart

as hard as he worked to make so very sure
that his ideas his motives were understood
that his internal motives were so pure

I stand corrected in the way I judged this man
came in a crises moment of sadness of spirit
I apologize to all as the best I possibly can

David Cassidy RIP
you are still beloved, always remembered. XOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...