Thursday, December 14, 2017

Panama' & Jamaica!

Shout out to my readers in Panama' & Jamaica!

Being just a humble blogger, writing because, well, I enjoy writing.

My blog is being read in 35 countries, well, now, 37!

I'm truly honored that people would take time out of their busy lives to spend a moment or deux with me.

Thank you, I appreciate it so much. :D

Although I do get a bit of remuneration for writing, truly, I do it because I love doing it. Isn't that the delightful ideal? 
Why yes, yes it is. TYVM.

When I began blogging, I was, to be truthful, simply finding a vent, a creative outlet. It's just me, a truly simple girl, trying hard to make it in a very complex world.
Although my blog is published to a worldwide public audience, I had no foggy clue that there would be so many people reading it. 

My life is calm, stable, little flashes of scary, little flashes of excitement hither & thither.
Now, my head, well, that's a different animal. Maybe a monkey or a tiger? Maybe  a tikey? :)

I have a very very creative mind, creative thought processes. I think inside the octagon, sometimes outside the triangle.
See what I just did there?
Can be a bit slickery at times.

Digressing.

Having never gone to Jamaica, I can say that it seems to be a lovely place that I would like to visit. Maybe I will.

Having lived in the Republic of Panama', I enjoyed my time living there. I lived in El Dorado, then moved to Howard AFB when military housing became available. Loved going to the Fruiteria, having custom iron furniture made.
Also loved going to Playa Dos Rios, Playa Coronado, Playa Gorgona, bought my beloved Doberman ~ Sammy, in Panama'. 

Also had the unique experience of being pulled over by the Policia Panama'! The Panamanian cop was friendly, flirted with me, let me go!
I had a maid ~ Jelles Carabal, a gardner ~ Jorge' and a sewing lady ~ Be'len. They were more like friends who helped me than they were like servants. Being able to speak near perfect Spanish helped a lot! It was also fun to speak Spanish so that no Americans understood completely what we were talking about. Ex huzz used to speak about me in his dialect of Tagalog, with other Filipinos right in front of me, which I thought was extremely rude. 
It was kinda cool to get some revenge! He was having some dosage of his own rudeness & really hated it! I was lovin it, Chino! :)

I loved buying bananas on the roadside for 10c per pound. Loved giving lots of help $$$$$ to one beggar, Alex, will never forget him. Myself & my kids picked out one person to give the most financial help to. 
Alex.
He lost one of his legs in the invasion of Panama' to oust Manuel Noriega. At first, he was smiling & grateful for the $1. we gave him. We gave him $1. every time he was there as we crossed to the Corozal side of the bridge. Then, when we gave him $20. he was ecstatic!
The next time we saw him, he had a haircut & better clothing. We continued giving him $1. - $20. when we saw him.
The next time, he had a walkman to listen to music while begging.

We didn't see him for 2 weeks.

Finally, he was in his usual spot as we drove across el Punto de Diablo! aka Bridge of The Americas across the Panama' Canal.

Alex had a prosthetic leg, clothes that were clean & pressed!!!!!!!
He told us that he had been hired, had found a place to call home & would not be a beggar anymore.
Ya know? This touched me so deeply. The money given to this man was not much by USA standards.
It changed his life!

Of all the good memories of living in the Republic of Panama', that stands out as the best of all.

So, to readers in Jamaica ~ Thenk yuh!

To readers in the Republic of Panama' ~ Gracias!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...