Sunday, August 20, 2017

What a difference a day makes.

Saturday started like any other Saturday. Going to skip the mundane details, yet, it was an interesting day.

I stayed up on Friday night, until 0330 Saturday, baking 25 loaves of bread and almost as many "minis". Had a bake sale at a local shop, selling the bread I hand make that people swear is the best bread they have ever eaten. It's my own personal recipe. One I developed on my own.

FYI ~ It's a rare occasion to personally consume it. Mostly, it's a pleasure to have the wonderful aroma in the house while giving the finished bread to others.

The sale went better than expected yet not as well as I had hoped.

The silver lining?

A girl who comes into the shop regularly, came in, announcing how tired she is from getting ready for her wedding. I asked her when she was getting married. Her reply?

TODAY!

Something about me that some people might find peculiar (or not) is that I LOVE LOVE LOVE weddings!
As long as I'm not the bride. 😇

Weddings are usually a place where everyone is so happy, a little dressed up. Then, there's cake!  🍥

She told me it was going to be very simple, she was wearing a white sundress & western boots. This IS Texas, afterall!
She told me I could be there if I wanted.
O YES! I wanted to be there!

Wrapped up the bread sale, went home, changed from jeans & T shirt to a dress & heels. YAY! Ah loves mah 5" heels! Both the silky midi dress & heels are a beautiful medium blue.

The wedding was at the bride's grandfathers home who also officiated. The backyard gazebo was draped in white tulle with pink roses entwined around the tulle.
All 20 or so guests lined the path for the bride and groom to walk from the back porch to the gazebo while a guest strummed a ukulele as they promenaded to the gazebo.

She was in a strapless knee length sundress & western boots. he was wearing a white dress shirt, unbuttoned at the neck and black dress trousers & boots, of course! 
They both wore BIG Texas smiles!
The I Do's were short, simple, sweet.
It was just perfect & beautiful!
There was cake & punch. My buddy, James, had even shaved his beard & mustache to be the one ladling the punch out to the guests. I almost didn't recognize him!

I took some cake & a loaf of bread to my good friend, Anita, before heading home to clean the kitchen & drop into bed, early.

I was happy, tired, content, remembering the surprising turns of events during the day.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥








 

2 comments:

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...