Friday, August 18, 2017

Alone?

The world, society, even close friends & family put the pressure on others to "couple up". 
Get hitched, shack up, move in, find somebody to love!

If the "urge to merge" isn't striking, people often ask questions, rude, annoying questions. Maybe they are simply curious or even worse ~ sympathetic. UGH!

The world revolves around twosomes (sometimes 3somes, yet, let's keep this G Rated!). The world is so happy about a wedding or an engagement or when their single friend FINALLY "finds someone" or someone "finds" their single friend.

Even holidays throw it in the face of someone flying solo.

~ Valentines Day or as I like to call it "alentines ay" for those who don't get the "V" or the "D" and are less than pleased at having an entire holiday shining a spotlight on it.

~ Christmas! The perfect occasion to point out ~ Oh, you got nothing for CHRISTMAS? or Gee, I have a huge happy family, don't you? (I hate that)

~ Mothers Day ~ Yes, dammit, I DO have children that I sacrificed and devoted my life to, NO, I DIDN'T get any flowers! Are ya happy, now? One of them told me I had never earned her respect. Yeah, because nearly dying in labor with her was nothing to be grateful for. Happy FKN Mothers Day.

    So, yes, being single can be a challenge. :)

    I'm not single.

    I'm independently owned & operated. :)
                                              or
    Being single by choice, is my choice.

Remaining single is my choice. After seeing the choices out there, it's enough to convince me further.

It did take some adjusting, once I found myself single, without even a dog or a cat or a room mate for the first time in my life.

Actually, it was terrifying!

I was in panic mode so severe, I had hallucinations. Then there was the crying jags, the vomit, the nightmares, the fear when there was any little noise in my unusually quiet home.

In time, even grass turns into milk.

I learned to keep myself busy outside of the new place I was living in. Newly single, I went on dates. Lots and lots and lots of dates.
Keep in mind, I kept my morals & values. By "dates" I mean the act of meeting a gentleman for lunch or dinner, sometimes a movie or going to the zoo for the day or a museum or the aquarium. Afterward, he went to his home solo as I went back to my home solo.
Sleeping around has never been my thing.

Having extreme physical contact with a man to whom I'm not married is dangerous to the health & happiness of my soul.
Hell, it's dangerous even when married.

Learning to create noise in the place where I live was also instrumental to adjusting to being alone. I turned a good ol AM/FM radio on when leaving for work, the gym or a social occasion. Coming home to noise is somehow a comfort!

As I went along on my fitness journey, I found, yet another benefit to being single & living alone.
Rifling through my pantry, cupboards, fridge & freezer ~ I took out everything that was too calorically indulgent without health benefit. I gave it away, threw it away or donated it to the local homeless shelter.
There was almost nothing left!
The food that was left was very healthy, unprocessed and would make the cut for Mimi Kirk's kitchen!

As a single person, living alone, when I set my keys, sunglasses and purse down when returning from wherever ~ NO ONE touches it!

When I get the urge at 0200 hrs to cruise the magazine rack at Wally World ~ no one accuses me of anything. YAY!

There are many benefits to being single, sleeping solo in a Queen bed, all to my lil self.
I'm the Queen. Ha ha!

The bottom line is, a person has to go through the misery, the hell on earth feeling (at first) of being single & living alone to learn to appreciate their own company.

There are many wonderful girls & guys out there who are single, living alone and would be a great "find" or a great "catch" for one who finds them. 
I know I am one, you are one, also!

Until you are "caught" or "found" ~ it's important to enjoy life, find fulfillment, learn about the world around you.
Explore the great indoors.

Being single is a gift, live in the present!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...