Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Being Deliriously Happy





 How can you be so happy?

People ask that of me quite often.

The answer is simple, it's also complex at the same time. 

If you want to be happy, decide to be happy, then, be!

Personally, my life is fraught with tragedy, things that can bring me down, it's piss in the cheerios. :)

*A divorce after a long marriage took me 10 years to recover.
*The death of my younger brother on July 16, 2017.
*Living in financial worry is less than desirable.
*Dealing with PTSD every day while the VA ignores me.
*The joy of a slow metabolism & working hard to stay fit

Amid all of this I decided to be happy, so, I am happy. Life, for me, is imperfect, I have struggles and stress. The method of staying happy is to realize that the alternative is to wallow in misery, self pity, emotional pain, depression.

I decided a minute ago to be happy and the minute before that and the minute before that...................
Therefore, I'm happy!





Happiness is made up of thousands of little things, like grains of sand which make up a beautiful sugar sand beach. 

Finding, what I refer to as the silver lining in every situation which occurs. Life is imperfect. People who enjoy dwelling in negativity will see a happy person, then proceed to be the  
fun-sucker. 
In their belief, it's their job to bring a happy person down. After all, little Johnny Sunshine or little Susie Sunshine is so happy, the fun-sucker or joy-killer can handle it. It makes unhappy people feel superior to be able to throw a hair in someones quiche to wreck their day, just a little.
Um, NOPE!
Just, NO!
Having learned to steer clear of such negative people, it's a veritable mine field out there, tricky to navigate.

What makes me happy?

It doesn't take much.

The identifying mark of a happy person is that they are easy to please. They are already happy, so, any sweet lil thaang is just 
extra!

Things that add to my happiness ~

*Going to the animal shelter to cuddle the kitty's
*Going to an elderly care home to  just sit with an elder person
*The sweat & satisfaction of a good hard workout
*Ice cold water going down my throat
*Stopping to smell the cut flowers for sale in a grocers
*A smile from someone I don't know
*Watching children play


There is so much more! 

One sad event in your day is just 1 event. Let it go & let yourself be happy, watch the changes!


It's a choice to let yourself be happy or to hold onto the burning coal of sadness, anger, hurt, non-forgiveness, until it burns holes in your hands, puts scars on your heart.



Only YOU can make YOU happy. GO!

2 comments:

  1. You're right, Brenda! Happiness is a decision, not something that happens to us. I was reminded of this a couple weeks ago. I was having an average morning until I got pulled over for speeding, the first time in more than 30 years. I thanked the trooper because he could have written it for more than he did. I thought that was very kind of him even though stopping me and the car in front of me was just our bad luck while all the cars traveling with us just flew on by. Instead of letting the ticket ruin my day, I decided to have a good day and ended up with one of the best days I've had for a while. I could have missed out on the fun of the day if I'd stayed focused on the speeding ticket and the fine I would have to pay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great attitude to have, Nora! Keep the sunshine in your day. :)

      Delete

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...