Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Susie Home-Maker, Stitching Goddesse!

In the femi-nazi climate that is 2017, I doubt that the beating down of those of the male gender is what Susan B. Anthony intended.

Protecting women in the work force from sexual predators is one thing, social castration is quite another.

As a traditional type of very feminine girl, I understand the need for protection from predatory people (both male and female). As one who loves the artful outlet for creativity, which is, quite often deemed to be more feminine, I will admit that I enjoy housekeeping.
For personal pleasure, doing it for pay is drudgery as so many people who pay others to clean their homes are way too picky about it and don't pay enough.

As a practice, I clean my car every Friday, clean my home (deep cleaning, that is) every Saturday. Doing "touch up" cleaning as needed throughout the week is sometimes needed.

It HAS to be done regularly to be effective. 

There were times in the past where I would fail to do the cleaning or simply lacked motivation. 
The remedy?
Find someone to invite over!
There's the motivation factor, ha ha!

With all of this verbal meandering done, it seems to me that so many people have gotten away from the personal pride of housekeeping. 
When I lived in Colorado, the girlz all came to my home for get together s because my home was nearly always cleaner than anyone's.

In addition to fully & upfront admitting that I enjoy being feminine, I also enjoy doing very detailed, very intricate needlework. It has been a journey since I first learned the art of Hardanger at the tender age of 22!

People who know me, now, can see that if I'm happy, I am stitching on a regular basis. For 8 years, following a divorce & mostly alienated from my children, I had difficulty concentrating.
The adjustment has been a journey. First, it was terrifying. Then, it was depressing. 
As I slowly began to turn back into who I really am instead of the person an abusive ex huzz forced me to be, I felt as if I had hit a reset button on life.
The weight I had gained from being miserable began to drop away as I became more involved in physical fitness practices.

Beginning to feel lighter, happier, feeling as I did at 18 when leaving my parents home.

Beginning to be able to concentrate, focus......and stitch! With the pain, difficulty, worry, depression melting away, I started to stitch the first in a series of 18 hardanger Christmas ornaments. I have my favorite ones which I stitched and gifted only to those people who I dearly love who dearly love me, in return.

I have my favorite people as well as my favorite hardanger patterns. This is the ornament for the year 2000. It was actually my first in the series! When I learned there were others I knew I had to investigate. Yupp. Ha ha! I may modify the designs somewhat to suit my personal taste such as making them more symmetrical or adding sparkle!
This is the year 2000 ornament in the series.




So, I found the patterns and started with the ornament for 1992.





There is one for every year up to 2007 (I think?) This is the third in the series designed by Emie Bishop of 
Cross n Patch Designs.




It measures 4" long by 3" wide and, yes, totally by hand. Even the edges.
I have designed intricate needlework, stitched it, taught it as well as gifted it. These ornaments are just for me with the exception of giving to my dear friend Janice. She's special. :)






Hello, my name is Stitching Goddess, how are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...