Sunday, November 15, 2020

Falling in Love



The title of this blog entry can refer to so much!

My aunt May says "People don't fall in love, they fall in horse crap. Most people don't know the difference."

There is so much out there in the world, a person could live in excellent health for a thousand years with still more to discover! Equally true of this, is that there are millions of needlework patterns, designs, colors plus oh! So much more!!!

When life hurts me, I retreat into a respite, taking time to heal. Once I have gotten to the point where the pain has diminished to somewhat of a dull ache? At that point, I know just what it is that can pull me up out of that dark place. Something, not someone. I got myself into that mess, it's my sole responsibility to get myself out.
It's a learning, growing, lessons learned kinda thaaang.

At this stage of healing, I spy a needlework design that pings me.
(In a good way)
Some people will hop from relationship to relationship over and over, hoping to make themselves feel better. Hoping the other person will make them feel whole again. Finding it hard to be alone.

For you people out there, who can't stand to be alone? 
Here's a big warm hug for you. 
I get it, truly, I understand. 
The whole world is 98% set up for twosies. It drives the knife into the hearts of those who have not found their person. Also people who have found their person, yet, still feeling a void. Also, those who thought they found their person only to end up being hurt, disappointed, miserable. Ditto for those who had that person whom they lost into the cruelty of losing them to death.
I get that, too!

The solace for me, is to start a new needlework project. When I see a new design. When I see just the pattern or the completed one, it speaks to my heart. I have to stitch it!

Starting a new project evokes, within me, the exact same feelings of falling in love, in a good way. 
In a safe way.
The beautiful linens are a clean canvas that whispers to me of things yet to be. Endless possibilities of impending beauty. The colors that range from a bright white to a deep rich ebony black. With every hue, every shade of every color you could think of plus a million more that swirl in my mind in a dancing, magical kaleidoscope.

There are sparkling fibers, textured fibers, soft flat colors, shiny colors for a bit of glitz without being bawdy. There are even fibers that glow in the dark in 6 different colors. There are fuzzy fibers to add to Santa's beard or the fluffiness of a sheep or other animals.

There are beads in multiple sizes, colors, shapes. There are even beads that have stripes or tiny flowers painstakingly painted on them.

There are little charms of every shape, color, subject, size, patina, material you could ever imagine. Then?
A million or more in addition to that.

When I begin a project, the serotonin goes way up. The dopamine turns me into a mass of bliss. Steady hands, heart aquiver! As I work, the feeling stays steady. As the design forms, it spurs me on!

Sleep? What's that?
Food? Nah, I'm good.
Water? Maybe a little!
Time? It stands still as I stitch whilst the world marches on.

Having fallen in love with a design, it feels impossible to stop. Many passionate stitchers of that ilk will know the meaning of:

"Just one more stitch!"
turns into
"Just one more row."
turns into
"I'll just finish this section."
turns into
"There's so much of this color, I'll finish the stitches in this color."
turns into
"Wow, 8 pm? NOPE! 8 am!"

Passionate needleworkers everywhere, even passionate crafters can most likely attest to the consuming passion of a creative buzz.

To me?

It feels like I've passionately, safely, fallen in love!

Hey, it's much better than turning to ONS's, drugs, overspending, alcohol or adding one more cat when you already have 20!

It's better to be chartlady than it is to be the catlady.

Unless you're this catlady!


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...