Monday, February 26, 2018

AF



My oh my, how language is changing in todays world! Changing so rapidly, it's kinda fun to keep up with it or catch up with it as it evolves
and evolves
over and over.

Having served in the military, the United States Air Force, to be specific! It will sometimes come up in conversations with new people I meet in my day to day life.
Hey, I'm a friendly person, yet, not TOO friendly.
I remain open, yet, with healthy boundaries.

Since I have a Colorado phone number on my cell while I live in Texas, from time to time I get wrong number calls from people in Colorado.
If it were myself as the wrong number caller?
I would be slightly embarrassed.
For this reason, you know, the golden rule?
(Ya. The one with the most gold can make the rules) 😎
The golden rule which says that it's important to treat others as I would like to be treated.
So, I answer the phone, dude in Colorado has a wrong number.

Me: Hello
Dude: Hey Jenn, what's up?
Smart azz Me: idk, let me ask her!
Dude: Funny! ....wait, is this Jenn?
Smart azz Me: It can be.
Dude: O ya? How would that be.
Smart azz Me: Hmm. Is Jenn your mom? Your sis? Your wife? Your daughter? or....wait, your cat! That's it! MEOW.
(NO! I wasn't drunk it was 1300)
Dude: Naw. Jenn is just a really good friend.
Me: Mmm Hmm
Dude: So, where do you live in Colorado?
Me: Seriously, I moved to Texas a few years ago.
Dude: Whaaaa?
Me: Used to live there, kept the number. 2 much work to change it.
Dude: Military?
Me: Was AF
Dude: Real gung ho maggot, hmm?
Me: Whaaa?
Dude: Military AF.
Me: AF?
Dude: You know, Military as f*ck.
Me: Are you military?
Dude: Not AF. I'm in the Army at Carson. You?
Me: AF as in Air Force.
*CLICK*

I thought it was funny, the way the changing of language misconstrues communication. I don't know his name, he doesn't know mine.
The conversation was funny AF! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...