Sunday, February 11, 2018

Secret Squirrel Gifts

On Saturday, I received 2 deliveries from FTD. 

First, there was a text from FedEx, letting me know that my floral delivery was on its' way to me. Then, a second text. I thought it was simply an error, a duplicate of the first.

There was one delivery, then there was a second one!

Two!

Surprise! 

Then, a second surprise!




Whoever sent these beauties, THANK YOU! Really, it touched my heart to receive such beautiful, unexpected surprises. Thank you!

When I traveled to Edinburgh, Scotland in 2007 I spoke with a very intelligent, fascinating Scotsman on the flight to Edinburgh, who was visiting family in Scotland. He was living & working in Denver, Colorado.
I must have given him enough info, during our flight to Scotland, so that he could figure out where I lived as well as other details.

He was a true gentleman, yet he was at least 20 years younger than I was, I was newly divorced, didn't quite get the younger guy fascination with older women at the time.
He did ask for my phone number, etc. I didn't give it to him.

When I returned from Scotland I began to receive random floral deliveries. I had, in truth, forgotten about him. The floral deliveries continued to arrive right up until I moved to Texas in 2012.

Could he have found me? Could these beautiful bamboo plants be from him?
It's going to have my curiosity until I find out.

As a fan of botany, I KNOW these beautiful plant beings are more from the non-fruit bearing corn family. Just as Manchester Terriers are part of a clever marketing ruse as Miniature Pinschers or Min-Pins as they are commonly referred to, these ornamental corn plant beings are marketed as bamboo.

Close enough!

They're beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...