Friday, February 9, 2018

Promises, Promises

Some people love cardio.
Some people hate cardio.

I'm speaking of the heart pounding, sweat producing, driving, energy sucking, joie de vivre feeling of going hard for as long as a body can go!

Cardio, oh cardio, I love ye, I love ye!

People who know me will hear me say how much I love cardio. Tread, stairmaster, elliptical, stationary bike. Love all of it!
Love the first sweat that starts within 3 minutes. Love the ensuing sweat that soaks me from shoulders to knees.

It's a somewhat personal bit of info, so, I will tell if asked, mostly I keep it to myself.
An element which fuels love for cardio is this feeling of having learned to be totally inside my head during cardio. So totally inside my head that in my thinking, I am only a head on a body during cardio.
The body is a separate entity, doing the work.
The head? The mind?
It's receiving messages, inspiration, encouragement.

You can call the source of these messages whatever you like.

Since I started this fitness journey in 2004, I have received this message while engaged in cardio:

"Keep going, you can do this. Keep going, all shall be restored to you. Keep going, everything you need, all that you want will come to you if you keep going! So, keep going!"

This still, small, quiet while authoritative inner voice has spoken to me during my entire life. Mostly, I listen to it.

For this reason, in times of sadness, in times of a lack of motivation (very rare), in times of physical maladies ~ I keep going.

It IS happening. It's important to keep doing the work. 

Things are coming to me.

Good things are happening for me.

I keep going!





No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...