Saturday, April 23, 2016

The Greatest Show on Earth


And I've watched him close his eyes
When he kissed me
And I've heard him moan so low
And I felt him hold me tight
With all his soul inside
In ways a man only knows

You won't see one like him
In this whole world
He's given me some mem'ries
A lifetimes worth
If he didn't love me
You can take my word
He put on
The greatest show on Earth

Looking back I can't believe
I couldn't see he needed me
But like a fool I let it end
And it should have been so clear
When I wiped away those tears
There's just some things you can't pretend

You won't see one like him
In this whole world
He's given me some mem'ries
A lifetimes worth
If he didn't love me
You can take my word
He put on
The greatest show on Earth

Maybe I just saved myself
The pain and all the heartache
Of being just another face in the crowd
He made it look so real, lord
It came to him so easy
It's one thing I'll never doubt

You won't see one like him
In this whole world
He's given me some mem'ries
A lifetimes worth
If he didn't love me
You can take my word
He put on
The greatest show on Earth

He put on the greatest show on Earth

~ David Lee Murphy

********************************************

Sure hope David doesn't mind that I switched the gender pronoun. It's how I feel
this song.
It feels more comfortable in my heart. Am 100% straight. No lesbetarian tendencies
at all. It also is slightly auto-biographical. Yeah, *some people* can fake it so well.

Not me.

Wearing my heart out in full view is who I am.

Genuine
Kind
Down to earth
Sweetly Feminine
Honest
Humble
Sincere
Confident
Passionate about life
Caring
Loving
Determined
Introspective
Deeply Curious
Sensitive ~ Sometimes too sensitive, I'm told
Creative
Inventive
Adventurous

These are all who I am, can only be that person, true to myself. Asking me to be other than
a sensitive, strong girl is the same as asking a natural born athlete to stop training. The same
as asking an artiste to refrain from creating. Such integral parts which are the facets of a
person can only be altered with great pain, caused to the person, irreparably damaging them.

It amounts to the amputation of self.

Better to be kind, to be whole, happy, centered, being real.

Love to you, reading this, be kind to yourself.

I'm worth it, so, I know you are worth it.

2 comments:

  1. i apologize for referring to the third party person....it was my error! Teaching people to be kind to themselves is very difficult, and teaching self love, and self esteem is even more a task to teach women....you raise some great thoughts, and reinforcing these condepts is very valuable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying your comments! It's so true that it's a difficult thing to teach people to love themselves. I see many women out there in the world who start out early in life with a "boyfriend" or husband. From that early age, 14, 16 or so, these women, who have never truly learned to love themselves, have not let themselves be single long enough to be able to be alone. They go from man to man to man, stunting their emotional growth. never recovering from the break-ups. Accruing damage as a sort of snowball rolling downhill gathering snow, effect. Having taken this time to be on my own is benefitting me greatly.

    ReplyDelete

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...