Saturday, April 23, 2016

David Lee Murphy





This guy is an insanely great, talented song writer, performer, singer!
From his moves in his videos & performances, I can tell he would be fantastic on the dance floor, probably *other* places, too. :)

I'll never forget the first time I went to Paris, France, walking down the street, I swear I saw him. Same mesmerizing blue eyes, sexy smile, swaggering hips, if it wasn't him, it was his doppelganger!

Although David hasn't put an album out since 2004 (that I know of), his music, oh, his music! Gives me eargasms! The sweet lil twang in his southern accent, the tap tap tap of the beat like residual rain drops after a downpour. Then, the unexpected treble wail of the guitar, right outta nowhere. Just does it for me!!!

F.Y.I. ~ it's country music & yes, I love it! If you don't, it's your loss. heh heh.

His music is playful, genuine, sweet,  flirty, funny, deep seated sentiment - wait -
I just described ME!
So, that's probably why it resonates with me so deeply.
Just a itty bitty epiphany while blogging here.
Yup, ha ha!

Davids song writing skills & word usage tell me that this man, this talented person, has such a beautiful heart to match his exterior.

His last album ~Out With a Bang~ seems like foreshadowing, now.

I can't even choose a favorite song of his, I love all of his music, his songs, even the ones he's written for others. I can pick out his style whenever I hear it. That says a lot. I'm rather discriminating in what I listen to, what I REALLY love in anything.

Just a few of his songs to look up on you tube or wherever.

Dust on The Bottle

Greatest Show on Earth

Mama & Them

Just Once

Party Crowd

Fish Ain't Bitin'

Love it!!! Love it!!! Love it!!!!

Whodathunkit. Love me some good, down home, country music.

"A man can't look at a woman too long, looks like you, without havin' thoughts, go through his head, straight past his heart."

"Might be a little dust on the bottle, but don't let it fool ya, 'bout what's inside. Well, it's one of those things, gets sweeter with time.
...Some say good love, well, it's like a fine wine. It keeps getting better as the days go by." ~ David Lee Murphy

He's singin' from the heart, swingin' around, strumming his box guitar, smiling, out by a lake in the summer. Oh yeah!
He's dancing, smiling, throwing his head back. He looks happy, like he's just so into what he's doing whether he actually is or not!

Yeah, I admire him as a man, a performer, a musician. Nope, no lustful thoughts, here. Really, none. I resigned myself to simply remembering how wonderful making love was. That part of life is over for me, I've accepted it, made peace with it. Was hurt too deeply, too many times. Too many selfish azzhole males out there.
Quitting while I still love guys & everything that makes them male!
The last time I was hurt was too horrible to risk it again.
My sex drive is dead. I let it die.
Concrete walls around my heart.
The beautiful memories live on, in my heart.

When I listen to music that touches me, alone, in my home, I allow my heart to soften. There's no one around to hurt it, it's safe.

Maybe that's another aspect to why I love this music. Rarely do I regress into music of the past or much else from the past.

I have written of the past, here, on this blog, letting you get to know me. Who I am. Where I have been. What angle I'm coming from. Day to day, I go with anything I like that's current, new, keeps pulling me forward as I move forward, in each moment, then, the next, then the next.

No dust on this bottle, you might be surprised at what's inside. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...