Friday, April 29, 2016

Back in the Rhythm

or

A Tale of Stitch Lust

People who have known me a long time, who know me well, love my needlework talent. All of them expressed to me their sadness at hearing of my lack of ability to concentrate following the divorce.
He was abusive, I wanted out. I would have cut my arms off to get out of the marriage if I had to. So, although I initiated it, I paid out of my own pocket, I kept offering ex huzz ways to avoid a divorce. They involved us both changing to make life better for both of us.
Nope, he told me that I was the one with all the problems.
Alrighty then, skippy.
Although I didn't want it, it was the only healthy solution. For 7 years it was a struggle to stitch or to even read a whole book!

I have tried to stitch over this long "dry spell", yet, the stress of events that took place, disturbed my soul.
Many times I would pick up a project, get the rhythm of the needle only to realize that I had screwed it up with the wrong placement of stitches. For someone who is as accomplished as a stitcher as I am, that's a huge stress & a disappointment. So, I started getting into fitness, deeper, deeper, deeper. I began a Yoga practice in 2009. It was the "gateway" to Pilates & strength training.
Due to many traumatic events, I started going to every Yoga class I could go to, started a 1 hour Yoga practice every morning to start my day. It kept me from self harm, yet, my concentration, my deep focus that the intricate needlework I loved for so many years, required, still eluded me.

One day I found out about a 13 week Divorce Recovery class that I had heard was a tremendous help to others. Maybe THIS would provide the healing? The peace of mind I needed?

To condense it, yeah, it helped. I went through that 13 week class 5 times. 3 times in Colorado, then, my heart was broken so badly in 2012. I had stopped eating or sleeping. I found this same healing class, went through the course, 2 times in Texas.

It helped.

Maybe I simply needed time. Maybe it took seeing a sweet, simple needlework pattern that was so beautiful in its' simplicity, I was inspired.

Candy Cane Snowflake by Just Nan designs.

"In the rhythm of the needle there is music for the soul."
"Silver needle, silken thread, followed where my fingers led."
- Nan Caldera of Just Nan Designs

That's what it's called. Candy Cane Snowflake. I saw a stitched photo of this on Pinterest, yet, no pattern, anywhere. I lusted after this design for several months. I just, well, I WANTED IT LUSTFULLY!

I posted on a Facebook page that I was looking for it.

Heh heh

Ask and ye shall receive! One stitcher who I had messaged with as well as spoken with on the phone, let me know she had it.
Multiple stitch-gasms!

I waited and, this stitcher, this oh so kind woman, sent the pattern to me! I was out of my mind happy, happy, happy!

I just finished stitching it on cream colored fabric, however, with the bright white, the deep reds, the vibrant green, I started stitching the same pattern on pewter grey. It will make all of the fore mentioned colors just *pop* Yepp!

I'm stitching ~ again! I did mess up a bit when I began stitching the first one. I caught the mistakes right away! Gotta tell you, the photos of this design on Pinterest fall short. It's so very beautiful in real life. The contrast of the colors, the richness of the blends, the striped beads. OH! The striped beads! They just add to the beauty.

I keep my friends a long time as long as they wish to be kept. Yesterday one of my dearest friends, have known her since 10th grade, phoned me. When I told her I was finally able to focus again, she was so happy for me. She told me that she still has the beautiful stitched pieces that I did for her. She remarked that she had kept everything!

Yupp!

Back in the saddle, again!

YEEE HAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...