Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Born or Made?




Would you self describe as a shy person? A weak person? A strong person? A kind person? A personage of integrity? A combination?
Also, are people born as a shy one or made to be that way?

People have said of me that I have a "strong personality."

What does this mean?

Could it mean that I'm an asshole? A nasty bitch? A difficult person? Possibly that person is intimidated so they foist the responsibility for their insecurities onto someone they perceive as having a strong personality.
It does seem to sound that way.
Perception can mean everything to the one perceiving.

It could be that a person is born with somewhat of a tendency to have a strong personality. This can be magnified with time from being catered to as to becoming a self important spoiled brat. 

Developing a strong personality can also sometimes happen as a necessity in dealing with difficult situations in life. The situations can be brought on by the person, themselves or situations foisted upon the person or at times, a combination of both in any combination of proportions.

As a child in single digits, I felt very timid, scared of other people, afraid of being bullied at school, beaten by my father, rejected by my mother.
All of these were part of my childhood.
People sometimes keep their coiffure long so as to pull the hair over their face when others try to draw them out of their shell or dip their head to try to self protect, even when it's only momentarily, could have possibly started life as a shy person. 
That was me.
Think of Princess Diana. She verbalized that she had to learn to swim. Her description was about her life more, whereas, less about water. 

When a person has these experiences, it's important for them to learn to self protect to facilitate sinking, swimming or rising above.
I swam to the position of rising above.

Military training can drag even the most timid person out of their own head to be imbued with self confidence, boldness, even a hint of arrogance at times. Whatever it takes to accomplish the mission.

My military career was one of self discovery, awakening, also several occasions of sexual abuse as is shown by my professionally diagnosed PTSD/MST.

While people who are looking from the outside, see a confident woman with a strong personality, there is much that is unseen. 

Would it be titillating for me to reveal all that occurred to take a painfully shy little girl to being one with a strong personality?

Maybe.

It would be redundant, too telling as well as a bit too long & intimate. This, I do, for the sake of brevity.

The gift of using your imagination is given to you, here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...