Thursday, August 20, 2020

Your Face


Looking into your face I see the one I love looking back at me
The eyes that smile are the eyes I saw in the one you used to be

The face may have changed with wrinkles with its creases
Yet the loving expression I see in you still never ceases

The hair on your head may be gray or even mostly gone
Still I see the dear one which to me it's still on

The voice still bears the tones I remember from the years gone by
The ears of a linguist will hear it with a tearfully laden sigh

I see your face which is you yet is only one small part
The face of a friend seen with loving vision of the heart



2 comments:

  1. so sweet - hope you are not seeing too many wrinkles in this friend yet...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are sisters, we are friends. I look at your face, I see a dear friend whom I love.

    ReplyDelete

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...