Friday, March 6, 2020

Temptation?


Having been one to write since I was a cookie cruncher in single digits of age, it's more than just an income source for me.

Miraculously, the notebooks of creative writing as well as original poetry that I wrote, starting at age six, are still with me.
You know?
Pencil or pen and paper?
Having my penmanship or handwriting or wordworking described as floral. Distinctly feminine. Very artful.

Hmm.

Peeps!

I just write, it happens automatically. The focus is more on the ideas & the word choice than forming the letters.

With allllllllllll of that said, it's important for me, personally, to be mindful of the subject chosen to write about.
Too personal?
Could damage my privacy or that of someone else.
Too racy, suggestive or sexual?
That's just rude & in very poor taste.
Too negative?
Sounding like a crybaby is very unattractive.

On that last note, something that I noticed from journals that I wrote in, in my teens & early 20s is that I used to turn to my journals, mainly when I was very sad. Also, when I was extremely angry.
Whoops!

On the same subject, it's necessary to guard myself from being negative, from whining about a vexation, whilst blogging.
There's the temptation.

It's better to be upbeat, more positive, more creative. Better, still, to explore ideas, possibilities, creative pursuits. There's enough misery in the world.
It's better to use my blog as a creative tool to be humorous, positive, uplifting!
A regular Little Mary Sunshine!

There is temptation, though.

When I have written about painful subjects, I did so with great care while still staying true to the idea of, well, being truthful.
It's a fine line to walk, also to write about. 

A woman who I knew & admired said something to me, in a personal letter,  that made an impression on me. She was and is a very kind person, also very experienced in life. She's also a very talented artist & musician.

She wrote: 
"In your journey through the world and life be careful. Full of care in all that you do. A wise woman once said this to me, it sure has come in handy."

Indeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...