Friday, March 27, 2020

Flying Solo



The new Star Trek series, ST: Picard, yes, already at the end of season one. 10 episodes, I hope there will be more.

There has been a relatively new line of merch which includes action figures, yet, a most delightful item is the line of wines from Chateau Picard Vinyards. 
What's next?
Romulan Ale?
Klingon Blood Wine?

The wine is a high end purchase. I would love to whip to deliciousness, some Coq Au Vin with it! Or some Beef Bourguinon.

ST: Picard has its fandom, its FB pages, it's own discusssions where mostly the guys go gaga over the actresses as if they have never seen a woman before.

Another aspect is that there is such strong pity for Picard that he never married, never had children nor even a steady girlfriend. He did get around, like so many military males. Random sex with a few different girls from time to time.

Picard remaind unmarried with not even a shack up honey.

People in the group express such sadness that Captain Picard lived his private life mostly alone. Many seem to view it as tragic.

Tragic?

Hardly. 
In his life, he was correct in stating that he never had time for a wife & family. In truth, one must make the time for this. Picard also stated that the life of a Star Fleet Captain is typically solitary.

With these statements of a fictitious figure in a VERY beloved installation of this series plus many more plus movies...….

Well, daaaaaang.




In my most personal experience, I can verify Captain Picard's pov with a bit of variation. After so much BS in the dating world, it caused a realization that I was the one participating. By participating, I played my part by allowing the cruelty of the liars & cheaters which left me crying, heartbroken, losing faith in humanity.   

Whatever a person allows will continue.

The remedy?

Stop allowing it, choose to turn toward happiness, excitement, peace, adventure!

Knowing I am so much better off remaining single as well as celibate by choice. Living alone by choice. Life is more peaceful, happier, more BS free by remaining single & celibate by personal choice. Would I have liked to have found someone who was *SINGLE*, caring, fun, trustworthy, honest, intelligent, to share my time, talents, life, adventures etc with? Mutual chemistry?
Absoluteamently.
It didn't happen. In time I realized it was 95% frustration, 5% joy.
My tolerance for being treated badly is very low. It's a delight to treat those I care about, well. The same, in return is healthy.

Possibly, Captain Picard figured that out for himself early on.

I can live without someone telling me how to spend my money, my time, plus what to do with the hair on my head while he's expecting me to prep his meals & wash his socks & underwear. In truth, I would have wanted to share my life with a man. It didn't happen.

I love love love guys, wishing to do without one in my life is okay.

It doesn't make me a man hater, sad & to be pitied, a lesbian, overly lonely, having something missing in my life, etc., etc.,

It makes me happily single. As simple as that.





No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...