Saturday, February 29, 2020

All I Ever Wanted





My own little place in the Hawaiian sun
It's all I could want and so much more
To plant my okole in the sand & be done
Trade mainland cares for a life by the shore




Hula in my heart that moves my hula hips
Surfing all morning long into the mid day
Taste the salt of the ocean always on my lips
It's heavenly to me to spend life this way



If you have tasted the sweetness of Hawaii nei
You might understand even if only in part
My love for all that makes me feel this way
The Hawaii that lives within my heart




(Photos taken by my bff  Texas, Anita Vaughn on the USS Arizona Memorial, May, 2018)


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...