Monday, April 13, 2020

Man of My Dreams




The man who used to fill my dreams has mostly faded now
His face his voice his laugh slipped on yet I don't know how
Gripping the memory so tightly within my creative mind
Knowing that long ago I should have left his essence behind
Easier to let go of the living than one who passed through the veil
Giving so much to someone whose love if living would never fail
Some days I wish that I could die too just to be with him still
Comforting myself knowing that when my time comes I will
Living my life day by day improving that which bears refining
Smiling as I press forward while a part of me is still pining

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...