Thursday, November 21, 2019

To Write


I could write about the many times my heart has been broken
So many times I have entirely lost count after thirty
Along with all of the lies that each male has repeatedly spoken
A lot of garbage tossed around as well as just as dirty

I could write of the way people have slandered my reputation
Good christians who spitefully gossip thinking it's okay
They treat me as a free loader without any occupation
I cry then try to ignore knowing every deed will have its day

I could write of my loneliness of social isolation of my pain
People in this town don't care because it's easier to ignore
Their worlds are merry and bright free of thunder and the rain
Caught up in their own lives with no need to help the poor

I will write of the many good things that I am thankful for
Of great health which I enjoy with no medication required
My home is warm and inviting as I enter through the door
In which I ply my needlework which my friends all admire

I will write in praise of my car which I take such good care of
Happy to have such a beautiful as well as dependable ride
The first time I saw and drove him I knew that it was real love
To have and to hold and to maintain with real ownership pride

I will write how much I love my country though imperfect I know
I wouldn't want to be born anywhere else on this place called earth
Having traveled all over with many more places I intend to go
I will always return to the USA to the country of my birth

I will write of the gratitude I feel for those who keep us free
Through their fight of the good fight for family country and god
With their bravery with their sacrifice which deeply touches me
In conflict both here at home as well as battles on foreign sod

I will write of gratitude although it's sometimes hard to feel it
My smile on the outside which hides the pain I have to fight
My appearance is great camouflage so not to ever reveal it
Keep moving forward ever forward keep walking in the light




No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...