Sunday, April 28, 2019

While there is time





Who do you love?
What matters most to you?

These 2 questions. OMGoodness.

Having been on the earth for a short time, I can still see that these 2 questions are simple, they are also complex at the same time.

If you have had a "falling out" with someone aka a break up, a break down in communication, an argument, a misunderstanding, okay, enough info, lol!

Recently, I have had someone, who I had, had a disconnect with, contact me. He was humble, he was kind, sincere. His words melted my heart toward him. He is a friend, a close friend. No romance involved, a very strong connection. It felt very healing.

If you have had this happen, the best time to mend a broken heart, apologize, reach out with love, is ~

NOW

If you, yes YOU are reading this right now, this message is for you.

My mother was the same age as I am right now, when she died. She and I had a falling out. We neither spoke nor saw each other for the last 20 years of her life.
She was WAY too young to die.

The opportunity to make amends was lost when she passed on.

Hipocrisy is one of my pet peeves. Recently, I reached out to a loved one (taking my own advice!) who there has been no contact with since 2015. 
It was a risk, a chance for rejection, also a chance for reconciliation.
This person was so gracious as we spoke for over an hour. We renewed our relationship, there was a mending. It has put a sweet feeling in my heart, a greater peace.
It was something I neither expected nor could have predicted.

Take a chance, dear readers.

You will only know if you reach out to someone you still love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...