Monday, April 8, 2019

When Life Closes In

When you think, how do you think? Do you let your mind swing like a monkey from tree to tree?
Do you focus intently with real purpose?
It may take effort to do this, sometimes. At other times, less.

Here's a clue in to one of my quirks. Well....
I have many quirks, so, you may get 20 for the mention of one. 
Thinking in rhyme is something that has been reality for me for my entire life. 
It was an "aha" moment when it was revealed to me that most people don't do this, the others will rarely admit to it. This is me, admitting to it. Now? You!
As I learned to speak other languages, I began challenging myself to think in other languages. Just 5!  😊

Yup. 5 languages.
Ich spreche funff Sprachen
Je parle cinq langues
Hablo cinco idiomas
Parlo cinque lingue

To be truthful, my Italian language skills are rusty, so, it would take a few minutes to get into the groove. I can still do it!

Also, I speak mermaid. 
Yup.
I'm a water baby.

When the ocean calls to me, I understand every word very clearly. The ocean feels like home, to me. WARM ocean! LOL!

When my friend and I went to Hawai'i, last April/May, I have a hard time understanding how it is that I barely went into the ocean much. 
I walked on the beach at night, dipped my toes in a few times during the day.
Waikiki is so commercial, the beach was mediocre at best.

The last time I really went out into the warm salt waters, it was so heavenly. Swimming out as far as I could, where my toesies were probably 5 -10 feet above the sandy bottom, I laid back, floated.

Looking up at the sky, watching seabirds flying above me, some small fish were darting around under me. 
I floated.
Dipping my head far enough below the water line so that the ocean water filled my ears, I felt the connection to the ocean.
At that moment, there was so much peace.
The ocean is a vast body of water, I was just a dot, floating.

All people have those days when life goes a bit sideways. having had more than my fair share of those, it's really fun! (not!)

The last time I let myself float, I imprinted the memory into my brain. The feeling. The sounds. The scent. The salty air. Salty taste!

When life becomes sad or tough, I recall those moments of floating in the warm ocean water. It carries me to a happier way of feeling. 

It gives back my raison d'etre!

Rhyming thoughts in other languages come flooding into mind flow.

I'm me, again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...