Monday, September 10, 2018

When Someone is Suffering

There is so much suffering in  the world.

Do you agree?

It's okay, if you don't.

Maybe, there has always been the same amount of suffering. Possibly, people have been made more aware of the amount of discomfort of others with the rise of media, of technology.

We are all connected while some of us are, emotionally, further from each other. The demon seed of technology. 

Some people suffer as a consequence of their actions, whether it's ignorance or lacking self control. Some people suffer as an effect of the actions of a selfish person who holds that person's well being in their scope of control, then, choosing to let the other person suffer.
Naughty
Naughty 

Having other people tell me that I seem like a "super-empathic", it might be true. I do own & wear a cape from time to time. :)

Something that has become crystal is that it's difficult for me to see someones suffering which is beyond their control, which is not of their making.

Feeling the pain, knowing of their suffering, I feel the need to 
DO SOMETHING. 

While other people make declarations of "sending prayers" online, oft on social media.
I see that, I think ~ PFFFFFFT!
The thoughts that come to mind are
OMG! Look at her butt!
oops
jp

The thoughts that come to mind are ~
How t-- h--- do you think things get done?
Better to be real, take real action by giving real help.
This is a real person with real suffering, better to do SOMETHING.
Something more than a few weak words on social media if you can.

The tangential pseudo connection of social media, texting, email, is akin to being extremely hungry & given a piece of gum to chew in place of a nutritious meal to satisfy hunger.
It only serves to increase the hunger.

When I am suffering, I tend to stay at home. Going out into the world, I can feel the suffering around me when it's present. As a caring person, when I see or feel suffering, the compulsion to help, to do SOMETHING, is strong.
This is different from being an easy mark, a sucker to be taken advantage of.
Discernment is oh, so important.

My own suffering?
Soothing this with creative pursuits, beautiful music, poetry, artwork.......🙂

Blogging is the only creative pursuit which is disconnected from suffering. 
It just is.

In a rather cliche, simplistic way, it seems that everything is either love or a cry for love.
I like it simple.



Random, anonymous acts of kindness are one of my favorite ways to give back to the world. There are many people who do this, it's a reasonable certainty.

If you like the idea of RAAK, to make the world a better place, go for it! Feel the serotonin uptake, witness the magic!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...