Saturday, September 29, 2018

Travel

In the past 2 weeks I have traveled all over Germany
Then all over the shores of Aussie land in Perth
Hawaii, Belgium, my home town in Michigan
Loving the travel experience of using Google earth

The jungles of Thailand the frozen tundra of Alaska
White cliffs of Dover, bright green of Highland hills
Grandfathers homeland of Pennsylvania
Catching the spirit of personal genealogical thrills

Climbing Pikes Peak just for tangential views
Went back to Colorado Springs not in person so glad
Most of this chiks experience there
Were some of the worst I have ever had

Exploring Mexico whilst viewing the beaches and such
Traveling in complete safety the whole time
Brought me back in one piece, peace of mind
To be able to deliver this soliloquy in rhyme

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Shhh! It's such a big secret that I love to travel, that I have traveled all over the world. At least, the places I cared to go. In person, in real, speaking the languages of the places I lived.

Although it's a struggle, am still learning how to pack lighter than I do, I still love to travel.

Still, m'loves, travel experiences are a mind treasure for moi.

Just some of my traveling experiences ~

My kiddos often tease me by calling me ~ Madame WOW! ~ from an experience I had with a French shop keeper in Paris, France.

The Cristkindlmarket in Nurnberg, Germany und der kinder Gluhwein um Weinachts.

Seeing the beautiful historic windmills of Holland in real life.

Driving through Einseidlerhof, Mackenbach, into Rodenbach at Christmas time, seeing the candles in  the windows. Many American military people will bring Cuckoo Clocks, shrunks, wooden carousels operated by candle heat. These items are mostly manufactured to sell to people who visit Germany.
I chose to bring back electric candles as a souvenir of the time that I lived in the historic place called Deutschland by native Germans.

I also brought back beautiful Austrian crystal as well as crystal for my darling kiddos to have from their time in Germany. 
A few candle holders for myself, 3 for my daughters, snowflakes for my son. These have more than triples in value since then.

Beautiful, pristine, unspoiled beaches in the Republic of Panama', Central America. The living was mostly easy, mostly happy except for the news of the death of my mother (thank you, dear Cheryl for getting the Red Cross message to me). Also the death of my beloved mother in law. Although her son treated me badly, I love her. People called her Angeling, she truly was an angelic person. It was a very sad day when we traveled from Tocumen Airport to Honolulu, International for her funeral.
I loved her then, I love her still. Always have, always will.

The day my darling Victoria (youngest daughter) and me went to bring our Doberman puppy, home, with us was so happy.
He was such a great dog!

Experiencing the Las Vegas strip. I bought my first backless dress, ever! Wearing it to the Chippendale's Show was such naughty fun!

Going to Hawai'i with my dear friend, Anita. Seeing her joy at seeing Hawai'i for the first time. Our trip created many fond memories!

More recently, zip-lining the Provo valley! Yeah, baby!

It would be easy to make this a 10 page blog entry or, alternatively, a few continuations.

Travel has been a very enriching thing. 

If you win a million dollar lottery, choose travel  over "stuff".

Save half, then, travel the world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...