Sunday, May 27, 2018

Catch & Release

I held on as long as I could hold on
Then I let go
Not knowing how long it would last
I loved them so

I hurt as much as one person can hurt
Until it did no good
As much as I loved with all my soul
I knew it never would

Love is only love when you are loved in return
Pain is always pain
You hurt while it's none of their care nor concern
The damage is the same

Now the healing has begun now it is complete
Being the keeper of my own soul
Taking responsibility for the care of my heart
Making the shreds become whole

Having been through this process so many times
So many lessons learned
Who to trust who to turn away from at last
Badges of courage earned

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...