Thursday, May 10, 2018

Enriched

The earth is so full.

Still, so full of riches to be had. 

It's up to all to be receivers as well as good stewards of those riches. Receiving can be simple or less than simple. Being a steward of the richness of our mother, our home, Gaia, the earth, can be somewhat tricky.

Pee-eeps, I have been enriched.

Courtesy of Unkie Sam via the USAF, it was made possible for me to live in 3 countries, to visit several more as well as living in a few states in the USA.
When in self revision, I'm a simple, humble girl from a small town. 

Traveling the world has been so enriching, so eye-opening, it has taught me life lessons. I'm sure that staying PUT in a small town would have produced a different person than that which I have become. Remaining humble, grateful, kind, courteous is key.

My heart is so full of gratitude.

Leaving my parents home at age 18, I was scared. No, I was petrified! Going from a small town where nearly everyone knew nearly everyone & most were related by blood or marriage or both, to BMT, it was a shock! 
Having dreamed of moving to Hawai'i, thinking it would never happen, then, it happened!
I was bit by the travel bug!
Just in case I needed it, 3 months after arriving in Hawai'i, I got my first passport.
A civilian passport.
It was an odd sensation to hold a sot of ticket, if you will, to the world!
Have always had a passport since then.
Throughout my world travels as a military person, then as a civilian, I have seen extreme riches, have also seen extreme dire poverty. Both were growing pains. Life lessons.
Lessons in empathy, compassion, gratitude, humility.

The sweet people I met in Hawai'i as well as some of the racist & violent ones taught me a lot.
Living in Germany & going all over into France, Belgium, England, Holland..............it gave me more understanding of my European roots. Knowing the languages of my host countries helped a lot. The beautiful beaches in Central America, so inspiring! Living like a queen where spa services (mani, pedi, waxing, skin care) were so dirt cheap! Was lovin' that! Fresh fruit & veggies were also low cost, very plentiful.
It was a huge disappontment to go back to the USA.
Boring.
It was a disappointment when I was forced to move to boring Colorado instead of Santa Barbara, California. HUGE sadness.
I made the best of it.
I hiked a lot, went horseback riding at the USAFA. Also enjoyed the clothing optional mineral baths, embracing the option. :)

No matter where I have lived, the Hawai'ian Islands have always lured me back. When I arrive, I slip back into Pidgin. 
Am not a local girl, just a girl who loves everything in the islands!

On my last trip, showing my bff Texas, the beauty of the islands, it was a pleasure to see how she loved the islands so much.

She tried the foods, walked on the beach, was fascinated by the many different flowers. We bargained at the stadium swap meet, ate local kine grinds, rode horseback through Kualoa. Heavenly!

If you have a passport, good on ya! If you lack one, GET ONE! Chance favors the ones who prepare!

From my understanding, Japanese people live more simple while putting their money more into travel than they do, into buying "things". Am unsure if this is true, do you know? If it's true, they seem to have the right idea as to how to be enriched in life.

If you get a chance to travel? 
Like Nike ~
Just do it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...