Monday, March 19, 2018

50/50

Life is a funny, funny animal. Most of life is quite random.

If life was so predictable, where would the fun be in that? Most likely quite bland & stifling. 

50% is usually what life tosses to you.
50% is usually what you do with the "tossings."

Disclaimer: These percentages vary up as well as down in uneven proportions at differing times.

RANDOM!!!

50% is about reality, 50% is about perception.

Conversely, it's all relative.

Observing some aspects of my life, it's easy to perceive when someone views me incorrectly or in a less than flattering light.
I feel it.
Having learned to trust my intuition, listening to it is important in the strengthening of it. Like a muscle, it becomes stronger with more discernable definition, when it's exercised.

When intuition is observed, listened to, adhered to, it can save lives, change lives. It can assist in some miraculous events.

I digress.

There have been times when it was plainly obvious to me that another person saw me in such a true light.
They "got" me.
That is to say, they understood my mind, my heart, with no hidden or unhidden agenda on their part. 
Possibly it was chemistry between us that was responsible for the communion of us two, heart to heart, spirit to spirit. It's a human connection, not a sexual connection though it can be, yet rarely for myself. It's only a very few guys who can trip my trigger.

There's a flip side!

Though people have often tried to "talk me out of it" when my intuition told me that another person either didn't like me, had malicious intent or was simply prejudiced against me solely based upon:
My age
My race
My gender
My ethnicity
My political views

Not only can I correctly perceive it when a person dislikes me, I can discern why they dislike me.

People often try to put me in the stereotypical "box" based upon their perception of the worlds view of what I should be.

Umm. Nope.

Have always defied stereotypes. Even now, peeps, even now. :)

Many people find this disconcerting.

Caveat ~ Those who STILL believe the stereotypes that existed 10 - 20 years ago or any stereotypes, are living in ignorance.
Stereotypes are still clung to by many, the world has changed so much so fast even in the past 5 years. Those who try to cling to stereotyping will be left behind.
At the minimum, their backward attitudes will serve to rob them of enriching experiences.

Who would sign up for that?

Anyone?

Hello?

Hello?

The sign up sheet is blank.

Truly, I believe I can learn something from everyone. Their age, race, religion, politics, ethnicity is only one aspect of them.
As long as the person doesn't try to squash my political views or convert me to their thinking, we're good!

So, when you meet another person, keep an opened mind. Disregard their race.
Disregard their socio-economic circumstance.

The very last commonly accepted discriminatory practice is to age shame a person. Age shaming is rampant in todays world.

Older or younger, yet, mostly age shaming an older person. 

Don't believe it?

Open your ears, open your eyes, you will hear it, you will see it!

When I passed the age of 30 I saw it more and more to the point that I rarely tell people my age anymore. Most won't believe me, anyway. It becomes somewhat tedious though flattering.
As soon as I tell them my age, I can see the wheels in their brain, turning. They are mentally calculating which stereotypical box to stick me in.
My response?
(just a few witty replies I use)
~ What age do you want me to be, babe?
~ I'm between 18 - 200, closer to 18.
~ Put it this way, I have WAYYY cheaper insurance than you.
~ Unless you're gonna sell me alcohol, it's NYFB.
~ Hmm, let me check with my agent, I'll get back to you!
~ My 25 year old was born when I was 5, okay? Are we good?

Human beings should only be put in a box when they are dead.

Guess who's still very much vivaciously alive, still kicking hard!

This girl!!!

Stay sassy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...