Saturday, August 1, 2015

Got Entitlement?



It was obvious from the start that my lady boss came from a well off family. She was nice enough , on the surface,often unprofessional. Like she was trying really hard to be competent enough to run a business, yet, a little lost at times.

In the past I had started a business on my own, no help from daddy or hubby, and ran it successfully for a little over 5 years, the mistakes she was making were obvious to me. Poor leadership among them. Lady boss rarely communicated with me, when she DID communicate, it was one sided. Either through the other insurance agent or she talked, others listened. She has a bad habit of talking over others. Not listening to what they had to say, just waiting for the other person to pause so she could talk. I kept quiet. It would not have gone over well with her if I had told her what I saw. She has a very privileged life. Jetting off to other countries several times a year, sometimes with her kiddos, sometimes just she and her husband & business partner. To her, I was a disposable nobody.

Living in a big, beautiful home in an affluent neighborhood, yeah, she's privileged alright. So, with her incompetence at even keeping her computer & data systems up and running, it was more convenient to blame it on someone other than herself. Namely, me. Little Ms Entitled is, after all, the boss even if she does bone head things like spacing appointments, failing to keep her office systems running, spacing out about who was working when.
Yep, she can just go on home to her privileged life.

Many people called or came in to cancel their insurance with her. Didn't like the unprofessional mistakes she made. Spelling errors, poor grammar choice. No excuse, since she's a former school teacher. Many people also didn't like her high prices. They didn't like the way she spaced returning phone calls, forgot to send documents when she said she would.  Her slow business is why she constantly griped about paying me. Easier to blame someone with no power, the perfect scapegoat. 
Kinda sad. I would have been an excellent asset if she had been a better leader, more intelligent.
I can see her business slowing down already.

This free time is giving me time to do many things I missed doing. Longer, no pressure workouts, working on my fitness. Time to do more organizing, set up my scanner, sell off extraneous items.

Through the time I started translation & interpreting, it has been there, kept my 3 languages strong. Always been there for me like a loyal friend.

Life is good!

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...