Saturday, August 1, 2015

A Different Romance


Watching this movie for the 20th time in the best of circumstance ~ free online on my smart TV.

People misunderstand it......a lot!

On the surface it would appear deviant, unhealthy, abusive.

Maybe it is.
Or maybe it isn't.

Many people speculate that what they have heard is the absolute truth. Without checking things out for themselves, blindly believing, like sheeple. Sheepledom is so far from the way I think & do.
Adventurous, exploratory, inquisitive, a few aspects of how I live.

So, when EVERYONE was talking about 50 Shades of Grey, they piqued my curiosity. Not just about the books, about the ensuing movie, as well.

Living celibate, I neither indulge in nor practice what is shown in the movie or portrayed in the books.

Many people wrongly believe that the women who find the whole "Fifty Shades of Grey" interesting even intriguing might have an inclination toward BDSM. Maybe, for many, most likely not. 

Personally?

Have not had the experience nor the interest.

So............what is the draw?

The draw is not that Christian Grey is wealthy although that is quite enticing.

The draw is not that Anastasia Steele is a virgin when she meets him, although that may be desirable.

The draw for me, personally, is that he's a man of action. He is open, honest, confident enough to risk rejection.
This is missing in many guys.
He is confident, unafraid to be honest in what he wants, thus, making him vulnerable to rejection if it's something that Anastasia finds distasteful.
He's willing to be patient with her while she decides, yet is still a presence, lets her know he is a presence, has the confidence to express his desires, the confidence to be a presence. This is what causes a girl to find a guy irresistible. It triggers that primal attraction.

As a girl, myself, who is confident, very natural, even primal, the type of man, Christian Grey not only attracts most women, he attracts me.

Jamie Dornan is hot, has a great body, no doubt. Even before the movie, before Mr Dornan was cast in the role of Christian Grey, I enjoyed the books, immensely. The situarions, entertaining dialogue, the way he pursued Ana, took care of her, filled a void for me. Albeit, a self imposed void to protect myself from the predatory ways of the males in the world, a void, nonetheless.
Many married males troll the internet looking for sex in any form, looking for women who will engage with them. They have a variety of approaches.

"I want it (the affair) to be with someone I care about" (such bullshit, o yeah care about her, get her to care about you, then, when it gets too inconvenient for him, he goes back to his wife)

"I'm separated" (This implies legal separation, in most cases it's only geographic, sometimes a couple miles, sometimes a couple hundred or a couple thousand)

"My military career is demanding, I need a little relief" 
(umm, use your hand dude, NOT another woman)

There are single guys trolling the internet for sex, too. They may be shacking up with someone, so, not legally married, technically committed to a woman.

The excuses, the attempts to extract sex of any form (cyber, phone, in person) are still the same.

I keep myself flying solo for self protection.

So, Christian Grey, so open, so confident while being masculine as well as vulnerable at the same time! Very rare combinations in a man. I s'pose that's because he was created by a woman? Maybe.
Maybe, real men like Christian Grey do exist? I'd have mine minus the spankings, please.

Tonight, for the 20th time, am enjoying the movie!

L8ters, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...