Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Twisty Turny


Hello out there!

Life, for me, is full of twists & turns. Is it the same for you? 
It can be fun, sometimes.

Then, there's the "other" times.

Never knowing what to expect can be exciting, sometimes a bit unsettling. Whatever it is, I try to be ready for anything. Ready to roll with the punch in the face that comes out of nowhere, deal with it.

A HUGE source of pain, for me, is my adult offspring.

If I had known at 20, what I know, now, I would have never married, never had children. The joy that I hear so many people speak of has not happened for me nearly as commensurate with the sacrifice, pain, sleepless nights, endless work.  The ex huzz brought even less joy for all the time and work that I put into the relationship. He became a death grip controller as time went on. One time he told a counselor we were seeing that the main problem in the marriage was that I wouldn't let him control me. That says it all right there.
He told me over and over that being married to me was like trying to ride a bucking bull. I always responded, "Well, then, if you can't take it, get out of the rodeo."

Recently, I received an email from the ex huzz pleading poverty. Saying that he didn't have much money.
Then, 3 days later, I found out why.
He flew one of my daughters to Hawaii from Japan.
He flew another daughter to Hawaii from Utah.
Then, he flew himself and his wife to Hawaii.

Well, yeah, that will eat up the bank account.

Some things never change, he's still such a liar, still trying to manipulate me. It's almost laughable that he has not learned anything in his entire life. Manipulating & trying to control other people doesn't work. As a free spirit, it will never work with me.

Still, it hurt me to find out that they are all together in Hawaii having fun without me. It hurt.

After a good nights sleep, I woke up refreshed, ready to hit the gym. A long sweaty workout is a cure for many mishaps in life. 2 - 3 hours daily does a lot of good for me.
Holding plank for 2 minutes every day is making some excellent changes in my abs. 

Good changes.

Fitness is my sanity, life saver, my elixir de joie de vivre! 

The feeling of strength, the sensation of my shirt brushing across my abs is a good one. The increasing tightness I feel in my muscles keeps me going.

Do what makes you happy!

L8ers, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...