Thursday, May 28, 2020

Balance Balling!

Life works best when it's in balance!

So says the many people who are life coaches, life gurus, psychologists, philosophers, etc. Balance your diet, keep your work - personal - professional aspects in balance.
Balance your sleep, balance your eating, balance your spirituality or whatever have you.

Keep it moving, keep it in balance, peeps!

After reading the hype, actually taking one for a SPIN, lusting after one for a minute, it was time to treat myself.

Yupp, ha ha! 

A brand new shiny Gaiam balance ball chair.

There were a few glitches in the ordering online process. We got there! We compared, we ordered, we waited. We tore the box opened & put it together LIKE A BOSSETTE!

Taking the ball to a local tire shop to get it aired up, home girl was skipping the hand pump.  😁

Finally, it was time to sit, stay.

It felt a bit weird at first. The ball is on rolling casters, so, it took a couple times of falling on my grass to learn how to grab onto the backrest, steady it, keep it in place. THEN, sit down.

Then?

Standing up. Mm Hm. Learning to stand straight up, very dependent upon glutes, hammies & feet planted firmly on the floor.
The alternative was more of falling on my grass again & again.

There were a few sensations that set in after day 1 of sitting on "la chair" while working. Being so focused on the work I was doing, it escaped notice, until I went to bed.
The buns were sore & had a little burn.
The thighs felt a bit tighter, the abs, too!
Nice bennies, balance ball chair!

Also, every few minutes or so, lifting my feet off the floor, raising my knees & doing a bit of gentle bouncing is fun.

Yes, there are other ways to get the same benefit, this was my choice!

I thought that buying & using my personal bidet was cool.

This was more than cool, it was ice hot!

When someone I spoke with, who is also using a balance ball, "the clench" was mentioned. Yupp. Have to clench the boo-tay to sit down, to stand up, several times to stay on the ball! (so punny).

The verdict?

I like it!

The chair is comfortable, gives the side benefit of strengthening the buns, thighs, abs & la clench. Ha ha!

Some people may like it, some, less so. It's a keeper for me!




1 comment:

  1. Thank you. Glad you enjoyed. The balance ball chair is still working great for me.

    ReplyDelete

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...