Friday, June 12, 2020

Letter to My Children







With those first stirrings of you in my womb
My love for you began to grow in its power 
The changes in my body in my motherly soul
Began as you, a little bud beginning to flower

The aches with the pains of great expectations
Were only a foreshadow of that yet to be
As your little fingers and toes formed
With the many changes you wrought in me

When the time came for you to be born
As the date approached when birth was due
Excitement filled the very air I breathed
I loved you long before I ever met you

First pains first push first sounds first ever
Were all about you my miracle my own
To finally hold you kiss your dear little face
To finally take you to a happy little home

Now the journey was only beginning, my love
Separate yet forever in the heart of me
Oh little one what will you do with your life
My precious baby, oh what will you be




No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...