Saturday, October 5, 2019

Do you remember me?

Do you have good recall?

Perhaps, selective recall?

Maybe involuntary recall?

Possibly a combo of all three?

Congrats! This means that you are most likely genus homo sapien. 
Human.

Being born with excellent memory recall, it's a combination of all three. As such, I remember almost everything starting when I was 8 months of age. These are clear, distinct memories. Color, sounds, scent, sight. All of these are imprinted on my memory. 

With that said, I remember people. Some people, I force myself to forget for various reasons. Most, I remember for a long time. I still have a whole life ahead of me, yet, I'm quite sure I will remember those I choose to remember for the rest of my life.

Today, I was surprised. Three times. Must be a charm.



On August 2, I left Texas, drove to Colorado to help some friends. So, I have not been in Texas, out & about for almost 2 months. This morning I went to the local gas station to fill the tank on my car.
I love my car!
There was a gentleman who I knew when I first moved to Texas in 2012. He was in his 90s, wealthy, he wanted me to marry him so he could leave everything he had to me. Integrity sometimes sux!
I couldn't do it.
The sweet lady at the gas pumps was someone I intruduced him to. I with-hold judgement. She went for it, he died in 2013. She's now a wealthy woman, set financially for life. I was happy for her. She thanked me over and over for introducing her to him. It made both of them happy for the amount of time he had left with her. She told me that she thinks of me often & wishes me well.

In truth, I had put it to the back burner in my memory. It made me happy that her decision had gone well for both of them. She's a sweetie!

I continued on my day. 

I stopped off at the supermarket which was continuing their low price on a workout supp I use when I need it. I was really happy that the price was still $10. lower than the usual.
Visually scanning the shelves, I heard a voice behind me that I had not heard in a long time. It was someone I knew when I lived in Jacksboro, a small town just 25 miles down the road from Graham, the small town I live in. We spoke for a few moments, did a short catch up. He and I had gone out a couple times, there was zero compatability on my end.
I had not seen him since 2012.
He told me that he was surprised that a "girl like me" was still single.
In truth?
I was surprised that he remembered me, voiced that thought. So, he told me that I was someone he would always remember. Curious.

Many things are more available as well as lower priced in Newcastle, a town just 14 miles from Graham. I went there, today.
When I walked in the door, the guy working there said "hello" recognized me by my name as well as that I had spent August & part of September in Colorado.
It was a pleasant surprise.
To be truthful, many people tell me that I'm very memorable.
It blows my mind!
In my heart, in my mind, I'm a simple, small town girl from Michigan.

When people remember me, it slightly baffles me.

Remembering everyone I choose to remember & everything I choose to remember is a part of me. A part of who I am.

It amazes, catches off guard. It also flatters me a little bit.

Maybe, I will be remembered favorably by a few.

I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...