Friday, October 4, 2019

Close to The Heart




People have, at times, told me that I hold my cards close. Because of experiences in life, it became necessary to be slow to trust. Although I am friendly, caring & compassionate, at the same time, I'm also a rather private person.
My home is my sanctuary.
People may come in, if they have a reason such as helping me with something in my home like repairs, estimates, etc.

For the most part?

In the past, I rarely allowed anyone besides family or friends I had known for a long time to visit me. It takes a lot of trust in someone to let them come inside my home. Very few people have enough of my trust to let them enter my home. 
All the way inside, that is. Anyone who was invited to my home was already inside my heart.

When I saw the inside of the house I'm living in, now, while I was still deciding, for the first time, the one feature that I loved was the front entry.

The house had, at one time, an open air front porch. Now, that entire area is enclosed. Where the main front door used to be, there is a door that can be closed, essentially, closing off access to the main part of the house.

Perfect!

When a FedEx Delivery, a Floral Delivery or food delivery is made, the delivery person can come inside. When it's raining or too hot or any inclement weather they are sheltered without entering the main part of the house.
Being private can also be courteous. I do, however, keep a charged taser at my side, just in case I need it. 

Although I don't put photos of loved ones up on the wall as it hurts too much to miss them when I see a photo. From living in different parts of the USA as well as the world, I have some very unique items that tell the history of my life so far.

Some items are from Japan, Germany, France, Republic de' Panama' plus some from Hawai'i, Colorado, Nebraska, Michigan.

Quite a mix!

There are mostly hand crafted items on a high quality scale. The difference between the items I have vs just having items or "things" is that I actually went to or lived in those locations to obtain the items. Many were gifts, some were purchased.

There are sentimental items such as furniture made by my beloved Maternal Grandfather. A gift of an alabaster sculpture from Italy, who it came from, you will have to wonder. 😇

The sanctuary which is my home for now, is here just for me as well as an occasional visitor. People who know me well, know that I keep a guest room ready 24/7. I do request a minimum of 24 hours notice so that I will be in town.
I do love to have visitors. One of my "visitors" is a very cool guy friend, he keeps a toothbrush in my bathroom, lol!
Just a good friend. Yeah, he's hot, very interesting. Still, a friend.
Nothing more, nothing less. 
He has good dental hygiene. Ha ha!

When I first moved into this house, it looked so good! I admit, I have lapsed. It's time to bring it back to my standard.

Do you have any quirks? 
Eccentricities that people know about you?

Share if you dare!

Peace out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...