Monday, October 7, 2019

Inside Me




Inside me is the little girl who only wanted love from a mom & dad

Still alive are the fears along with the hopes & dreams she had

A beating heart that is made of love with a fierce little soul

Who has gone to hell then back still fighting to again be whole

Going strong is the teen girl who was shaped then hurt by the military

Adding onto all the secrets some of which I still must carry

Part of me is still a mother who only desires to hold her child

Rock them to sleep once again with such pure love undefiled

As a lover a romantic a dreamer of dreams all rolled into one

Child like still who sometimes only wants to just have fun

Still a little bit lost at times as to what it is I should or shan't do

Letting intuition guide me with an inner voice that's always true

Controlling my thoughts and body so that I can live my dreams

It sounds so simple yet it's more complicated than it seems

Taking life one day at a time swinging it around by the tail

When the winds of change arrive I reach up then adjust my sail



No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...