Friday, July 6, 2018

Tonight

Tonight was, taking place, yet another get together of "our" singles group in Graham, Texas.

There was much discussion of the personal issues faced as a single person, alone. We spoke of facing the issues where mostly married people rarely relate. Situations rarely faced by people who have remained married.

It gave me a feeling of belonging. It made me feel that I belong. The feeling was in the air. It seemed as if all 5 of us present felt the same.

After divorce, the many perps of deception, the many heartbreaks, the frustration at trying to find someone to love who would love me in return, I gave up. 

The pain, the frustration, the utter futility made it a useless pursuit.

It's much better, promotes greater happiness to engage in those pursuits which are more positive outcome producing. Social events, hobbies, personal activities, even volunteer work!

I stopped dating while still believing there are many good men in the world. Being a good woman, I believe, equally, there are good men in the world. Good men who respect themselves, whom also respect women. 
I stopped dating while I still love men, still love masculine traits!

Tonight, whilst discussing this, it felt very validating.

In this small group, we have very diverse people. 

Kind people.

Compassionate people.

A 50/50 balance of people.

Love this!

I know that all good things.....(You know how this colloquialism finishes)

Knowing this, I will enjoy our Thursday nights as long as they last.

Aloha!
 ðŸ•Š

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...