Friday, February 27, 2015

The "S" Word

The "S" Word

"S" "S" and more "S"

North Texas got so much snow today! I couldn't believe it! I had to go in to work from 11 - 4. Then, the next person didn't show up, so,I came home just long enough to get something to eat, then, went back. 

I love my job!

So, I was happy to go back. Being alone, living alone, has been so difficult for me. Would rather be at work where there are lots of people. Where I have a purpose, a job, friendly faces even a bit of flirtation. Just a little. Have to be professional. While at work, I wear a white lab coat, name tag that says my name, my title as well as a special add on that designates that I am a Veteran who has served my country.

Learning the job, as an Optician, has been so difficult for me. It caused concern that I may have a learning disability. Then, the 3 other ladies who were hired at the same time as myself, mentioned all the mistakes they had made. It made me feel so much better. Made me feel like I'm pretty smart,after all. Felt like, I could really, truly do this!

Today, my Manager said, "You're an awesome associate!"
I prefer to stay humble.

Driving to work was so treacherous! As much as I love Texas, when driving in this area of Texas, people drive too fast, they tail-gate far too much. The fighter in me slows down even more than I need to, on icy roads, then, watches in the mirror to see how much I'm pissing them off! So,there, take that! 

Tomorrow, I have to be in at 2 pm. This means, I get up at 5 am, then can take my time at the gym, possibly stretching my workout into 3 hours, maybe more. Can take a full 70 minutes on the elliptical, 1 hour Yoga, 1 hour Pilate's, maybe some weights! YESSSSSSS!

My abs are really responding to the hard work, it makes me so happy to see this. It feels surreal, causes me to say, "Is this really happening?" 
Yes, indeed, yes, it is.
Health, great nutrition, strong, toned, it's my focus in life!

Happy & free spirited /
Strong & fit/
Career on track/
Loving life/

Be happy, be safe, dear readers.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...