Saturday, February 28, 2015

Passions

Passions

Many Passions of My Life

As a little girl, I loved horses, horses, horses. Kittens, puppies, baby guinea pigs. Then, I received a Barbie doll and a book for Christmas from my aunts. I loved that book. Read it over and over several times. Barbies allowed me to escape to a wonderful world of grown up women with perfect hair, perfect skin, beautiful clothes. I enjoyed making clothes for them. Being painfully shy, I could use my Barbies to act out situations I only wished I could do in real life. Parties, dances, an exciting, successful career, traveling the world with a group of wonderful friends.
Can you believe I still have my Barbies? Ha ha! neither can I. Still love them.
When a family bought some of our property behind our family home, they had 2 children and several horses that they allowed me to ride. Missy was a sweet mare, too big. Buttermilk was a palomino gelding who loved to canter, I let him! We cantered round and round that pasture, it felt like the sweetest pleasure I had ever felt at 13 years of age.
The couple divorced, the horses, the house were sold. 2 summers of riding Buttermilk, quite wonderful memories for me.
In High School I started noticing boys. OH NO! I was so shy, not sure that they noticed me. Skinny, shy, put my strawberry blond hair over my face when they tried to talk to me, anyway. I was a perfect target for bullies. The bullies definitely noticed me, yet, not in a good way. Abused at home, beaten up & teased at school. I barely got out of High School with a 1.50 G.P.A. I began looking for a way to get out into the world, maybe live like my Barbies! Maybe.
The USAF was the golden ticket!
When going to my first military assignment, I found that I loved the ocean. Anything to do with a warm ocean,warm sandy beach. I tasted my first sea food. Fresh sea food! Crab, lobster, scallops, fresh shrimp! YUM!
New Passion: The ocean!
Still love the warm ocean very much. 
My second USAF assignment was Edwards AFB where I discovered my passion for intricate, detailed needlework. It became a passion, almost an obsession. Loved it so much!
The ex husband hated my needlework. Too bad, so sad.
He is gone, I still have a passion for needlework!
When beginning to get back into shape, I re-discovered fitness. When I was active duty USAF, I exercised because I had to. It made me feel good, so, I did it more than necessary. I enjoyed it because I made myself enjoy it.
Rediscovering how good exercise makes me feel,makes me look, have found new joy, new passion. Every time I feel, then, see, new muscle definition from changing up my workout, it makes me love it more!
Recently, as I have observed my abs firming up, I have found the confidence to take my T-Shirt off, during a workout, yet, ONLY in the large exercise room with the door closed. *smile*. I have a Nike sports bra & yoga pants on. It's easier to do Yoga & Plates without a chilly, sweat soaked T Shirt from my cardio.
Makes it more enjoyable to experience this passion for fitness!
Have a great day, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...